Monday, February 21, 2011
Week 4 Blog
Last week in class, the part that stood out to me the most was when we watched the movie Veronica Mars. It was a good movie to show us how the different levels of classes affect others. She use to be part of the "popular" and rich kids until her dad's investigation turned her friends against her. She was depressed and down because of how her social status had changed since then. I also found it interesting how they portrayed the rich kids and the things they value. Also, how they show gender differentiation. They show Veronica as a smart girl who wins her battles by being clever, and they show guys solving their problems by being violent or destructive. We got into our groups, and I also found it interesting the points of the movie that stood out to my fellow classmates. Most of the groups had a different focus on parts of the movie. Since starting this class, I have been paying a lot closer attention to the people around me. I have been watching them to see what they value and who they surround themselves with. Until now, I never paid any attention to these kinds of things. I am starting to be able to learn a little bit about people just by watching them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment